With the current weather forecast from the National Weather Service we are anticipating dangerous road conditions on Monday and Tuesday, that will prevent the trash provider from safely operating in neighborhoods to pick up garbage and recycling.
Operations are expected as follows:
- Friday: Normal operations are expected.
- Saturday: Normal commercial operations are expected to end around noon. Additional roll-off boxes will be provided to hospitals to give them extra disposal capacity through Tuesday.
- Monday: The current National Weather Service forecasts a call for heavy snow, accumulating to 6″ with sub-zero wind chills and single digit actual temps. A complete closure of trash services is planned under these circumstances. Should there be no precipitation and the roads remain clear, operations will continue regardless of temperatures.
- Tuesday: As temperatures are expected to not get out of the 20’s, road conditions are expected to remain hazardous. A complete closure of trash services is planned under these circumstances.
- Wednesday: An operations decision will be determined as we get closer to this day. Currently there is a forecast for snow.
- Extra roll-off boxes will be placed at hospitals to provide extra disposal capacity through Tuesday.
- If operations are closed on Monday only, operations will resume on a holiday type schedule, where pickup will occur 1 day late.
- Monday customers picked up on Tuesday.
- Tuesday customers picked up on Wednesday.
- Wednesday customers picked up on Thursday.
- Thursday customers picked up on Friday.
- Friday customers picked up on Saturday.
- If operations are closed on Monday and Tuesday, operations plans on starting Wednesday.
- Wednesday customers will be picked up Wednesday, with additional capacity scheduled to pick up Monday & Tuesday customers.
- Thursday customers will be picked up Thursday, with additional capacity scheduled to pick up Monday & Tuesday customers.
- Friday customers will be picked up Friday, with additional capacity scheduled to pick up Monday & Tuesday customers.
- Monday & Tuesday customers are expected to experience significant delays through next week, however operations expects to have all customers caught up by Saturday for all lines of business.
- Additional capacity will be the result of not running bulk routes next week, so focus is placed on residential trash, and residential recycling being secondary.